Friday, December 30, 2011

Wishful Thinking

Sometimes I catch myself daydreaming about living another life..

...a life where I am born of another race.
Would I have eyes as blue as sapphire?
Dark blue rims outlining the iris while light turquoise makes up the electrifying lines of the whole iris. Looking in blue eyes makes me feel like I'm staring into the calming waves of the Caribbean sea. So clear, so calm.
Or would my eyes be hazel?
A mixture of dry green, gold and brown, the rich colour of autumn. I always love the way hazel eyes changes hues under different intensity of sunlight. Sometimes it looks brown, other times it looks green. So mysterious, so mesmerizing.

Would I be graced with fiery red hair?
The hair colour that would represent life and passion well. Striking. Sassy.
Or perhaps earthy tones of brown hair?
To be able to blend well in a sea of people. To mix right in the ordinary.
Or maybe I am endowed with light shades of blonde hair?
Reflecting a bright sunny day. A hair colour of hopes and promises.

Sometimes I wonder too much that it makes me stop wondering.
Because there's so much possibility of how I might look like, physically, if I were to be born into another female body.

...a life where I learn different things.
Perhaps I took up horse ridding when I am 10 years old. The loving relationship between a horse and it's master is not what everyone can comprehend.
Or I was force by parents to learn French as a second language since 6, and hated it. Le, La, Les and to master the twisting of one's tongue just to get the correct pronunciation.
It could be that I found love in the kitchen, baking, cooking, frying. The comforting sounds of wooden spatula and stainless steel wok working together.
Or just maybe I found my calling in painting during my early teenage years. The joy of letting imagination run, working feverishly and then taking a step back to see the final masterpiece.
Maybe I pick up surfing during one of those young summer holidays by the beach. To taste the sun and salt water, and ride in the rhythm of the waves.

Again, so much possibilities. It's overwhelming to think of what I am missing out on in this life.

...a life where I am rise in somewhere different.
To grow up in a busy New York City, where the probability of encountering crime and chance are equal.
Or maybe I'll grow up in the valley green mountains of Swiss Alps, where the air is freshest.
Or it could be that I am rise in a Texas farm, where barns and long stretches of empty lands are a common sight.
I may find myself growing up in Holland, where I learn to wear wooden clogs and call myself a Dutch.


My vice is that I indulge too much into fine details that I never get to experience in this current life I'm given.

You may think that I spend too much time thinking about the unnecessary.. and I'll have to agree with you.

These are my daydreams.
A sort of escape for me from the real world.

A real world where I am an Asian girl, of Chinese descendent. With tan skin, raven black hair and dark brown eyes. Living in tropical Malaysia.
No matter how much I daydream about being living another life, I know all of those are only wishful thinking.

I am contented with who I am. Comfortable in my own tan skin. Happy with who I am.

Why?

Because even if I don't have the face of Angelina Jolie, the heart of Mother Theresa, or the brain of Albert Einstein, I am confident that, by just being me, simple old me, someOne will always, truly, 100% love me.

...and the same goes for you.

4 comments:

  1. Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. :) To me, you're prettier than Angelina Jolie (why is she even in the list? D: ) To me, your heart is as sincere as Mother Theresa's and who needs Einstein's brain anyway? So much stress for being too smart.

    I WUV YOU JUST THE WAY YOU ARE TAMMEH!!!

    The way you describe your daydreams, makes me feel like I wanna live in them too. But I'm really glad too that you're born the person you are, else I'll not have such an awesome best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, I don't mind about all those :D
    Angie is pretty anyways :P

    THANK YOU FOR READING <3 haha awwwww, I'm happy we're all born the way we are :D If you look back, you'll realise you're more then you think you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and by the way, DDD: STOP CHANGING YOUR LAYOUT LOL!!! I just noticed this one is different again LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree 100% *Belts out a song* Girl, you're amazing just the way you are! :D To be where u r, to be who u r, God has a great purpose and plan for your life :)

    Huggies,
    Susanna

    ReplyDelete