Monday, July 2, 2012

Broken bonds

".. mend the broken bonds caused by pride."

What are your pride?

I know a man who is a powerful, rich king. He ruled the lands and the seven seas. Every creature that has breath know him by name.

He also had a relationship with a lady.

This lady, even though she was not well educated, even though she was not the fairest maiden in the land, he loved her. He looked past all her flaws and all her imperfections and kept loving her.

He loved her with a pure heart. He told her she was his beloved.

His generals and all his royal consultants told him he was a fool (although they did not say the exact words, they hinted it) for loving her. They held banquets to show him the other beauties of the land. They wanted a future queen who was fitted for their king.

Now, don't think so harshly of the king's generals, they have the right to look down on the lady. Because even though she was loved by the king, she was never completely faithful to him. She was proud she was the king's love. But she had was also careless, she follow her emotions too often. She cheated on the him one too many times, just to show that she can attract men of all sorts. She broke his heart countless times. Yet every time, he took her back.

One day, she met a man. This man was fine looking, he was a sweet talker. He whispered all the wonderful little things the lady wants to hear. The man starts telling her lies. She believed him. As if the king was not good enough for her, she was lead astray to this stranger's home.

It turns out the stranger despise the king. He has tried countless ways to bring down the king. But none of his plans ever worked out. He could never bring down a king as powerful as this.
Until the day the man learn of the king's lover, how he loved her with pure heart and how she is unfaithful to him.

She was tied up, bounded like a slave girl in the man's house when the king burst through the doors in search of his lost lover.

Of all the heartbreaks his beloved has give him, this was the greatest.

Facing his enemy, the king uttered only one sentence calmly, "How much?"

The man laughs hysterically,
"I can't believe this. Why do you want her? LOOK AT HER!
She's cheap. She cheats on you. She ran from you."

The king just stare at the man, and said again with cold eyes,
"How much?"

He kept laughing, saying
"You don't want her. Trust me, even I don't want her if it wasn't to lure you here."

The king finally roared "HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT?"

The man stopped laughing. He stop smiling. He came to the realisation that the king was no fool, the king meant to give him anything he wants in exchange of the silly girl's life.

The man's lips suddenly curved up and from those evil lips comes out the words
"All your glory, all your tears, all your sweat and all. your. blood."

Imagine, if you had everything in the universe (you probably couldn't), all the money and all the power, would it be easy for you to put down the status that you have?

I guess you probably know what the king chose.
He chose to give up his glory.
He chose to be weak for his enemy so that He can buy his lover back with his blood.
The King chose to put down his pride. Even though He had no reason to do so.

The lady opened her eyes to see the King looking down to her.
"Why? I broke your trust. Your heart. You should've left me to die." she whispered weakly.

"Our relationship was broken, but what am I if I just let it be? I will not be who I claim you are to me, my beloved"

"But why me? Why die for me?"

"To show you how serious I am when I say I love you. My love is so deep, you have no idea.."

It rang in her head.
"..you have no idea.."

7 comments:

  1. lol did u come up with this yourself? haha <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not come up with the concept. The main idea came from memory, something I read when I was younger in the book of Hosea. I never understood how Hosea could forgive and love his unfaithful wife until I realise that is exactly how God loves us.

    I used own words to retell his and His story :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww. That is a nice post with beautiful illustration. A reminder for each and everyone of us about His love. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete