Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Mind as The Battlefield

I seldom do this, but last night was one of the few times in my life that I wish I understand myself better.

I was very confused because I felt very certain that I have overcome this challenge, with His help.
But when it attacked me again yesterday, I fell.
I don't understand why I could've fall, and so I became bitter, at me and at everyone.

I was angry at myself for falling into the trap. I was also a bit angry a Him for not leading me to avoid the trap.

But get this, whenever we face challenges, we're always blinded. We're always short-sighted.
I cannot see His provision for me at that time. I was too busy questioning God and myself and fighting the jealous feeling by my own strength. So why am I still surprised and disappointed at myself that I lost the battle? It's not by my own strength that I can win spiritual battles.

Today I felt a reminder to listen to Pastor Prince's sermon. I've always hear what a great preacher he is and how lots of people listens to his audio. I've never listen to his sermons before but I told myself I will one day. I kept forgetting until today.
So I went to his youtube channel. Scroll down and this video title caught my eye "The Battle for Your Mind". I knew at once that I can relate.

Listening to the video, my questions asked yesterday were answered. I asked Him "Why is this happening to me again? I thought You helped me overcome it already?"
I am comforted, when listening to the video, to know that I face this challenge because I am in His army.
I am born again. And the devil is like this angry hunter. He's going around trying to shoot down God's army. He manage to shoot me and injured me, but I'm not dead. Satan sees that my old wounds are not fully healed yet, so he decides the use it for his advantages and open it back up.

I'm telling you as someone who experienced all these that the battle of the mind is very real and it can happen to anyone. Unfortunately, this means anyone who owns a mind is potential to be a victim. Good news is that if Satan can be in your mind, so can Christ. Draw strength from Him.

He won't let you fight this alone.

1 comment: