Saturday, April 6, 2013

An Adventure

A pair of tiny feet sprang across the clouds. Jumping, leaping, prancing. You can see swifts of vapours trials around the air those tiny feet have danced across.

A little girl dressed in snowy white oversized shirt giggles joyfully as she kept twirling in circles. Bright eyes. Glistening dark hair; she's a happy little soul.

Suddenly, she turned around and to a figure standing a few yards away, she gleefully shouted, "Hurry up!"

The Father was standing and watching after her. He waved back at the little soul. He heard her cheeky call, but He wouldn't run after her.

Little soul ran past the gazing deers in the meadows. She jumped over the cool steaming waters and fed some of the most brightly coloured parrots you've ever seen, with her hands.

After awhile, she grew sleepy. She had played the whole day.

The sky was her home. It had turned bright orange, with streams of red, purple and blue. Oh! It was simply the most beautiful sight one could ever behold. It was breathtaking. Everything around little soul was beautifully created.

She plopped down on the soft green grass next to some gazelles feeding, but before her head could touch the tender greens, she felt a pair of big warm strong hands wrapped around her.

With tired eyes, she looked up and saw it was her Father. He smiled lovingly at her. Little soul managed something between a smile and a yawn. He laughed a hearty laugh.

"Tired now, are you?" He said in a more knowing tone than an asking tone.

"Yes" she yawns again "Where will we go next? You promised me we'll go on an adventure!"

"And so I did," He nods "but are you ready, little one?"

"Oh yes I am! You bet I am! Where are we going??" She was so excited she almost jumped out of His embrace at the thought of an adventure

"Be still my child..." He chuckled as He patted her back and adjusted her back into His arms "Not yet, first let me tell you something..."

"What is it?" She pipped, her big round eyes looking earnestly at Him.

"This adventure you will embark on, is something completely new to you. You will forget everything you experienced here... but most of all.." the Father's eyes almost whelmed up with what looks like tears "You will forget who I am..."

"Oh no!" cried the little one and she burst into tears "but I don't wanna forget you!"

"Hush now.." He said as steady hands were used to wiped away two fat drops of tears rolling down her eyes "You will forget Me. But don't be afraid. Do not fear because I will find you."

There was a moment of silence and then "Do you promise?" the little one lifted up her smallest finger, pouted her red lips said "Promise me you will find me. I don't want to be all alone in a new place."

He placed her on His lap, so now she's eye level with Him. With His last finger He reached out to her smallest finger, sealed it with a pinky promised and said "Yes, I promise you, I will surely find you. And when I do, You will remember me.""

That cheered up the little soul very much. "That's good because I want to remember you. You are my Daddy, after all."

"But there's one more thing. In this new adventure you have, you won't be able to see me or touch me anymore. But always remember this, I will always be with you, no matter how you feel. Even when you wake up one day and feel exhausted, or you find yourself struggling, other days you might feel like you're drowning or you suddenly find yourself feeling so alone, you HAVE to remember that I am still with you."

"But then how can I still talk to you? I don't like the sound of this adventure..." she looked down said in a tiny voice

He gently lifted her head up and explained "You can still hear my voice. And I will still speak to you. I can speak to you through My Word and through other big brothers and sisters that have went before you on this adventure. They won't leave you alone, because they already know me in that world, and I have instructed them to look after you." He gazed into her eyes and continued "But remember this, when you are a big sister one day, remember to look after your younger brothers and sisters that comes after you on this adventure. Okay?"

"That's an awful lot of things to remember... but okay." Little soul mumbled

Suddenly she speaks again "Daddy, do I need to go on this adventure? Can't I just stay here and enjoy eternity with you?"

"Yes, you do. You will know one day, little soul" He looked out in the horizon of the pastel clouds.

For a split second the little one thought He was avoiding her eyes.

But then she quickly changed her mind when the Father suddenly turned back and pierced her soul with the most tender-filled eyes, He continued "One day you'll know why I created you, you'll know why I sent you on this adventure, one day, but not today."

"Alright then. I suppose that's all you need to know." He got up, held little soul with both hands "Shall we go?"

Little soul bit her lip. Slowly she asked "I'll be able to help other little brothers and sisters, wouldn't I? So they won't be lost and forget you too."

He didn't say anything in return. He just nodded and smile. 'She understands now,' He thought to himself. 'She's ready to go.'

He sang her a soothing lullaby as she drifted away in perfect slumber.

When she wakes up, she'll find herself in a different world. With a different name and a different identity.

And thus, the little soul's adventure will begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment