Thursday, June 7, 2012

Letter to Father

Dear Father,

When I was around 14 or 15, it was the first time I got hurt emotionally.
I simply assume it was because I lack physical attractiveness.
I guess it Your heart broke too; You were sad I could think so negatively of myself.

Even though I've grown out of it now, the scar is still there and it still hurts when it is being rubbed. I cannot think that I am gorgeous. I do not look for compliments or anything, this is just me, what I feel and I am being raw with You.

Through out the years, I've learn to appreciate my own appearance. But things change, while I may have slowly recovered from this physical depression. This scar of mine continue to dig out a series of depressions for me to feel.

I love to tell You that I've dealt with my problems in a proper manner. But I did not.
As a form of method to comfort myself, I find solace in my position in the life of people around me.

I set my value as being this person's good friend, being this person's best friend, being this person's favourite. I threw my measurement of self worth in other people's hands. I can tell you this is never a wise decision, because once people declare you are not valued by them, you come crashing down.

But that was how it is when I have lost my identity and I don't know where to look for it.

A few weeks ago, I received a prayer. I was reluctant because I felt that, at the moment there is no problems in my life. I took prophetic prayer too lightly. The problem with me is that I think prophetic is only 'accurate' when it describe my current life situation, not true. It is also about my future.

It struck me now that it is exactly what I need, her prayer. She told me 'contentment'.
Be contented with who I am. What I have.

The only identity I need to know, is that I am YOUR beloved daughter. The only ruler I need in this universe is Your love.

I am sorry for not seeing that before. For saying I am not as good while You have already made me as You see fit. Sorry for hurting you, sorry for not going to You when I am suppose to.
I'm learning, Father. Day by day, to simply be happy to have You loving me.

Your beloved daughter,
Tam

5 comments:

  1. awwwh! all the awards to you too, if you know what I mean :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. "They" is the most dirty word ever. "They said." Don't you think..?
    I pray that you will always remember that only your Creator has the right to give you a definition of yourself. Not anyone else. It is better to measure your own worth than to let someone else do the job, but then again, only He can do it best.
    Take care and may this experience be used by Him for you to bless others, that they might not face what you had to.

    God bless..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jeremy (:
    I will remember this.

    ReplyDelete